PROGRAMA GLOBAL DE INVESTIGAÇÃO ARQUEOLÓGICA DOS PERDIGÕES - INARP
Perdigões enclosure (Reguengos de Monsaraz) is one of the important archaeological contexts of the Iberian Peninsula Recent Prehistory and on that has been researched for more than a decade.
The questions that it rises and allows to developed are of significant relevance for the knowledge of Neolithic and Chalcolithic communities as well to the development of disciplinary theoretical thinking and the social models built to deal with those societies and their historical dynamics.
Several institutions and individual researchers, national and international, participate in this open and enclosing project, known at international level. Now, ERA Arqueologia, through its research unit (NIA), decided to promote the project within the academic student community.
So, a series of talks will be promoted at ERA, regarding the research, results and problems at Perdigões. In summary, trying to present what’s is going on at this magnificent site.
Academic students are the target public, but other interest people can assist if there are available places. Attending is free, submitted to inscriptions send to the email: email@example.com.
The talks can be repeated at other institutions solicitation.
Talks about Perdigões (I)
18th November 2011, from 17 to 19
- Building the Research Global Program of Perdigões
- Geophysics, spatial organization and temporalities at Perdigões
- Digging ditches 1, 3, 4 and 6: problems and interpretations.
25th November 2011, from 17 to 19
- Contexts of Funerary practices at Perdigões: a Eastern Necropolis, pits, ditches and cremation deposits.
- Material culture and interregional interaction
- Perdigões in the context of south Portugal enclosures.
Local: ERA Arqueologia (Cç, Santa Catarina, 9c Cruz Quebrada-Dafundo).
Speaker: António Carlos Valera
Inscriptions (till a maximum of ten) addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org